Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Ironwood Consulting is an environmental consulting firm that provides exceptionally high quality biological resource consulting services. We specialize in biological resource management, impact assessment, regulatory permitting, compliance monitoring, and information management for a range of industries, including federal, state and local governments, energy, military, utility, engineering, commercial, and residential infrastructure projects. Our team consists of hard-working, experienced professionals who enjoy the challenges of finding solutions for complex issues. We are committed to efficiently delivering scientifically defensible work products that help our clients meet environmental permitting and compliance requirements.
Ironwood is seeking a part-time GIS Analyst to support its operations. This position is based at our office in Redlands, California. The GIS Analyst will work as an integral part of a team to complete a range of GIS and information technology related tasks that include GIS data development, analysis and mapping, supporting company networks and equipment, and database and maintenance and programming tasks, in a dynamic and challenging work environment. The GIS Analyst position is a hands-on technical position that requires daily use of ESRI software and frequent interaction with project teams and field staff across our project sites.
Experience and Technical Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Environmental Science, Geography, or a related field
- At least 2 years of professional work in GIS beyond school.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience and skill in the operation of ArcGIS 10.x Desktop applications and the Spatial and 3D Analyst extensions.
- Knowledge of cartography and map design principles and geospatial theory and concepts and hands-on experience with GPS technology and field data collection techniques.
- Experience working with relational databases and a demonstrated ability to perform data transfer, analysis, and manipulation using Microsoft Excel, Access, and ArcGIS attribute tables.
- Self-motivated, team player that can juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining a professional demeanor and attitude.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills and excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
Preferred Experience and Technical Requirements
- Three (3) or more years of professional, hands-on GIS experience applied to the natural sciences, experience using ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Server and/or ArcSDE.
- Experience creating and managing spatial geodatabases
- Demonstrated experience creating and managing databases using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Demonstrated experience in Python scripting and ArcGIS ModelBuilder
- Experience writing programs and applications using Microsoft .NET technologies.
- Prior experience working with state and federal agencies such as the CDFW, RWQCB, USACE, USFWS, NPS, BLM, BOR, USGS, or DOD.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference GIS Analyst in the subject line.